Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are there any PC racing games out there where speed is controlled by how fast you click a button?

I remember the old Atari games where you controlled how fast your player/racer moved by moving the joystick back and forth, and the faster you did it, the faster your player/racer moved. Are there any games like that out there today that I can download?Are there any PC racing games out there where speed is controlled by how fast you click a button?
I don't think there are any games like that anymore. But if your racing on your PC and you have the $ , you can buy a racing steering wheel with a shifter and gas pedal. This actually makes game feel more realistic. Games like Need For Speed,Flatout 2, Auto Assault Online, NHRA, Nascar ect. there are tons of them. If you mean games like the old Olympics or Track and Field , where you move controller back and forth or mash on a couple buttons to get player to run, I don't where you can get those anymore. But I have done a search and found a couple classic game download sites. So you might want to do a search for classic games. Technically when you say racing you would most likely mean a car or truck. If your making a player run this way its probably listed under sports. My favorite Atari game was Centipede and I found that on Atari classics, which I bought at Staples for 5$. You could probably find it at Target or most anywhere. But if you want new games check out ebgames.com and find the category you want. I think those games make you tired after awhile from so much button mashing and were designed to wear out controllers. You remember your buddy with the box full of broken Atari joysticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment