Friday, August 6, 2010

Why do DVD/VCR remote controls have an 'Eject' button?

I dont understand the purpose of it. If your no where near the unit to change the disk what is the point in having an eject button on the remote?Why do DVD/VCR remote controls have an 'Eject' button?
You eject the tape or DVD, and have one of your children go change it, or put it away.


We have a society of, ';I'll do it, as long as I don't have to move';!Why do DVD/VCR remote controls have an 'Eject' button?
All I can think of is this, the machines tend to get hot after they have been on for awhile and been running. So by ejecting them allows the machine to cool down by circulating air in side of them. I know it's true with tapes , also with tapes it take the tape out of the tape path mood, that is where the tape wraps around the heads through a series of pulleys and stuff and also lets the machine cool off.

No comments:

Post a Comment