Saturday, August 21, 2010

The taskbar is gone and I can't access control panel or the start button?

I'm trying to fix my mom's computer and the taskbar at the bottom is gone. It is completely black, but when I try to right click on it, it does nothing because it's just a black bar, not the actual taskbar. I can't get to the start button or anything. I've tried hitting F11 but that does nothing. I have also tried dragging it, but that does nothing either. Does anyone know how I can get the taskbar back?





It's an old monitor, it's windows XP and she has a generic keyboard that does not have the windows button on it.The taskbar is gone and I can't access control panel or the start button?
You might want to go to your local recycling center and pick up a keyboard that sports the Windows key. If you're in even a moderate-sized metropolitan area, you should have no trouble finding one. If you do, however, they're easy to find at yard sales, typically for a couple of bucks.The taskbar is gone and I can't access control panel or the start button?
Maybe your Monitor adjustments are not correct,and you need to adjust your Monitor manualy-thats why the bar is not being seen ?
there is a little windows look like image on the the keyboard. hit that and the start menu will pop up and i think you can change your settings from there and it should work
bottom left there is the windows sign on the keyboard click it and u'll get the thing up hopefully.
are you scanning your computer once a day for spyware and viruses

No comments:

Post a Comment