Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can I replace my car stereo and still have the radio control buttons on the steering wheel work? Hooking it up

I just baught a new car (97 Pontiac Grand Am GT), and the radio in it doesn't have a cassette player or MP3 cord slot (I want either one of these so that I can play my MP3 player in the car). The steering wheel has radio seek/volume control buttons on it that I think will be very convenient - but the radio currently installed isn't the one I want, so I'd like to replace it. What I want to know is, if I were to buy a new stereo for the car, would it still hookup to the buttons on the steering wheel? Or do the buttons only work with the factory model stereo?





Answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.Can I replace my car stereo and still have the radio control buttons on the steering wheel work? Hooking it up
you'll have to buy an extra module that will make an aftermarket cd player work with the conrols, it will cost you about 100 bucks retail.Can I replace my car stereo and still have the radio control buttons on the steering wheel work? Hooking it up
It is possible with an external source. google...no better yet, do a yahoo search for soundgate. They are one of the companies that manufacture such a product. Good Luck!
youccan buy and aftermarket radio and add a steering wheel interface to it look at the interfaces at intergrationsolutions.net
yep, you will need an adaptor that retains the use of the buttons, but you will also need a head unit thats has steering wheel inputs on it. kenwood makes a few like that and are very nice units for around $150 (not sure on retail price on those)

No comments:

Post a Comment