Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who deserves a tip? Restaurant servers? Starbucks button pushers? Mailmen/women? Or is tipping out of control?

Come on - tip jars at a hot dog stand? Starbucks? Even at a 7-11? Are people just getting greedy, or do they deserve a tip for doing their job?





Wait-staff - I think tips should be based on service, not %age. Great service, great tip. Lousy service, lousy tip. I start at 20% and usually peak at 30%. I'll go as low as a buck for really bad service. I once left 2 cents and a note that they were in the wrong business. I then complained to the manager.





Mailman? Why? He's making $45,000 a year and has fantastic benefits!





What's next? Tollway booth worker tips?Who deserves a tip? Restaurant servers? Starbucks button pushers? Mailmen/women? Or is tipping out of control?
I tip if I know the person is making less than minimum wage and they do a good job. Tip jars? No way. Mailman? Nope, not him/her either. I'm a good tipper in the proper places, but I'm not going to tip someone that is already making well above minimum wage. People are greedy and most don't have any idea what real work is anyway.......Who deserves a tip? Restaurant servers? Starbucks button pushers? Mailmen/women? Or is tipping out of control?
Since wait-staff in restaurants depend upon tips for the major portion of their income (they are generally paid minimum wage), I do tip them depending upon service. For the best service I will give 20%, for lesser quality service I will give 10% or 15%.





I generally don't tip baristas, and certainly not the mail delivery people.
It all depends but, here in New Mexico and in various other states, wait-staff receive an hourly wage of $2.13. So yes, I tip them well. The owners are supposed to make up the difference if their combined hourly wage and tips do not equal minimum wage but that rarely happens.


I don't tip the mailman, maybe a Christmas card?
I think people do whatever they think they can get away with.


And this is why you are getting the tip jars. Everyone thinks they deserve something extra and aren't shy to say it either.
waitress depend on there tips so i tip em ever since i was little and no mail peopple don't need tipsplus what people ake in a year what about stuff that happen during
waitresses and whoever else you think
  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment