Friday, August 6, 2010

I want to remove the volume icon on my laptop as I already have button controls on the laptop itself.?

I am trying to reduce the number of programs running on my taskbar unneccesarily. I think that I can get rid of that pesky volume icon, as I have dedicated volume controls on my laptop. My question is two-fold:


- Firstly, how do i get rid of it? (I successfully removed the icon from my desktop PC and suffered no ill effects).


- Secondly, will I lose all sound if I delete the icon on my laptop? Does the icon HAVE to be there for me to hear sound?





Thanks for any advice on this (all I can find on this topic in Y.Answers is people who want to do the opposite of what I want)I want to remove the volume icon on my laptop as I already have button controls on the laptop itself.?
No problem





Click on the taskbar and select properties





Window will show in bottom left of your screen





Click customise





Scroll down to the volume icon





Then click always hide.





and youre done. Hope this helps.I want to remove the volume icon on my laptop as I already have button controls on the laptop itself.?
Just go into control panel,


Then go to sounds and audio devices,


and on the very first part there should be a bit that says


';place icon in the task bar'; make sure that, that is unclicked


This should help.


AND the icon does not need to be there to hear sound! it is just there for easy access to the volume controls.

No comments:

Post a Comment